Thursday, March 09, 2023

Book 2 of 2023 -- Following Jesus Today


 News about this little piece popped up in my Facebook feed one day and I thought I would buy it to read in Lent. As it turns out I started it before Lent and finished it just days into the season....

This collection of short pieces by various authors invites us to explore how we experience Jesus. Each author speaks from their experience and so each one is very different.Within the church we have a variety of different understandings of and experiences with Jesus and I think we are in fact enriched when we allow and encourage each other to share those various pictures.

As I was reading I found myself wondering what I might have written. My experience of the Divine presence has largely been more pneumo-centric (Spirit centered) than Christo-centrc (Christ centered) and my understanding of Jesus has always been shaped by a low Christology. Still, like so many others over the years, I ponder who Jesus is for me. I may yet take a stab at the question....

No comments:

Post a Comment