Sunday, April 29, 2018

Book 4 of 2018 Becoming Fully Human: The Greatest Glory of God

How can one ignore a book with a title like this?

Each topic/chapter in this volume is a series of reflections.  Each one starts with a few screens of text to introduce the topic at hand and then a series of one paragraph reflections. The reflections themselves appear to be drawn from a variety of sources, but the original source is often not given. That is my biggest frustration about the book, that Chittister does not name the sources enough..

For each topic there were multiple paragraphs that I found myself highlighting. For each topic there were multiple paragraphs I found myself saying "Hmm, not sure...". I think that is a good mix. It would be boring to read something with which one totally agreed and really frustrating to read something with which one totally disagreed.

I see this as a good addition to a church library as almost anyone could sit down and read all or part of it and be engaged

No comments:

Post a Comment