Friday, December 20, 2019

Book 12 of 2019 -- Dare to Lead

Over the years I had heard many good things about Brene Brown. I had also been wanting to do some leadership development reading.  So I thought Dare to Lead would be a good choice -- particularly because I rarely think of myself as one who dares much.

I am tempted to order the workbook that accompanies the book and use it on a re-read. At the very least it is a book I think I will re-read in the future. It was challenging, in a good way. To put some of what Brown suggests into practice would stretch my comfort zones-- again this is not necessarily a bad thing. However I think that to provide leadership in a church that is in need of finding new ways to be church I need to push myself -- so that I can encourage others to push themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment