Sunday, August 08, 2021

Book 7 of 2021 Time Now For The Vinyl Cafe Story Exchange


Last Monday Patty and the girls came back from the library and announced "we got you a book". And so I had a chance to read a book I am not sure I ever knew existed.

For years I would try to have CBC radio on Sundays to listen to the Vinyl Cafe. Like many others I especially took care to listen in December for the Christmas episodes. By far my favourite part of the series was the story telling. Stuart McLean was a masterful story teller, and I could not wait to hear the latest adventures of Dave and Morley.

But McLean also liked other people's stories. I remember listening to him tell the stories that had been submitted for the story exchange portion of the show. "Have to be short, have to be true." This book is a collection of some of the stories submitted. As I read them I could almost hear Stuart's voice, his timing, his inflection, in my head sharing these tales.

The stories moved me to chuckles, or choked me up. They were a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment