1. How many times have you moved? When was the last time? Well what counts as a move? I have completely moved (furniture and all) 6 times. There were a few (4) other moves without furniture for school. The last move was coming here in 2001.
2. What do you love and hate about moving? Love: The promise of newness and new opportunities. HAte: PACKING, oh and the challenge of newness and meeting new people.
3. Do you do it yourself or hire movers? THe last 2 moves were with hired movers (different companies). One I was not impressed with the company's approach to "timeliness". Not. At. All. The second time they arrived right on the day I expected.
4. Advice for surviving and thriving during a move? Plann carefully what you need to NOT be in the moving truck -- especially if said truck gets delayed. From experience I can say tht needing to lead worship in 3 days and only having jeans and shorts on hand is a source of stress (and a phone call saying "get my stuff here tomorrow!" was in line).
5. Are you in the middle of any inner moves, if not outer ones? Certainly no outer ones are in process right now. BUt there is always that niggling question of "is it time?" that may well count as an inner one. ANd I am becoming more and more convinced that we as churches and as a society need to be much more open to resurrection and transformation. As some one who has often been happy to "keep on keeping on" pushing for change is, well a change.