Some of my Blogging comrades are heading on a cruise. Alas the only travel in my near future is not nearly as exotic (but far more costly) -- house hunting next week. And so the RGBP FRiday Five focusses on packing.
1) Some fold, some roll and some simply fling into the bag. What's your technique for packing clothes? Generally I roll. SOme things don't roll well (sweaters for example). Mind you if it is a short trip and I am prepping quickly the toss in the bag option comes into play.
2) The tight regulations about carrying liquids on planes makes packing complicated. What might we find in your quart-size bag? Ever lose a liquid that was too big? GEnerally it is not a problem because I put my shaving kit, which contains a bottle of shampoo, in checked luggage and only take a backpack or the laptop as carry on. However the last time I only travelled with a carry on bag I forgot and ended up giving away the shampoo.
3) What's something you can't imagine leaving at home? Largely that depends on the nature of the trip. But in the end most things can be either managed without or replacements bought. I guess my wallet and id would be the most irreplaceable
4) Do you have a bag with wheels? Nope. I do usually use my travel backpack and if needed I can unzip the compartment and use the straps.
5) What's your favorite reading material for a non-driving trip (plane, train, bus, ship)? Pretty much depends on my mood the week preceding the travel. But often I choose something light and "mindless" over something heavier.