Thursday, October 04, 2018

Book 9 of 2018 It's Good To Be Here

I learned about this book last spring when I saw an announcement about it being launched at this summer's meeting of General Council. Knowing David personally, and having read his writing in other places I immediately thought it would make a good piece for a discussion group. And so I started asking around to see if there was interest.

There was indeed interest so we are starting to read and discuss it this week. Which means I had to read it before the group started.

The book is a collection of short pieces wherein David tells his story(ies) about being a person living with cancer. It has poignant moments, it has humour, it has heartbreak. But it also has hope, it has spirit, it has reality.

It is a fairly quick easy read, and it is definitely worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment