Friday, February 04, 2011

A Perky Friday Five

Over at RGBP we find:

Thanks to #snOMG this week has had a different rhythm to it for me. Fortunately, one of the perks of ministry is a fairly flexible schedule and quite often the ability to work from home. Another perk of ministry is that I will be part of a worship service that celebrates my friend's gifts in ministry and the ministry she will do with the church she has been Called to lead.

These two things have me reflecting on the gifts and perks of ministry and what else I would put on that list.

What about you? What are 5 perks/gifts of ministry for you?

  1. the unestimable privilege of being invited into people's lives at key points like marriage, illness, death, baptism...
  2. having decided what I want to do when I "grow up" actually getting to doit!
  3. as kzj said, the ability to flex time and work from home when needed
  4. a jop that includes eating with people, coffee with people, and being fed (especially by the UCW)
  5. two words----book allowance

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/2/11 08:05

    Oh, book allowance - that is definitely a perk I overlooked!! :)

    ReplyDelete