I REad over at RGBP that yesterday was Johnny Appleseed Day And here is the Friday Five in his honour...
1. What is your favorite apple dish? (BIG BONUS points if you share the recipe.) Not really a big fan of cooked apples, I'd rather just eat a slice or two of apple.
2. Have you ever planted a tree? If so was there a special reason or occasion you can tell us about? WE have planted a number of bushes and trees here. MAinly because the yard needed some breaking up. Of course the house isn't ours so we are also doing it to benefit those who come after us. As for special trees, none for me but a couple of weddings I have done have included the planting of a tree as a symbol of the union.
3. Does the idea of roaming around the countryside (preaching or otherwise) appeal to you? Why or why not? Not really. AT heart I am a bit of a homebody.
4. Who is a favorite "historical legend" of yours? I suppose some might find it incorrect politically or but I'd have to say that scripture stories often fall into this category for me. Other than that Johnny Appleseed himself would be one (although I never see his story the same since the Simpsons did their version if it)
5. Johnny Appleseed was said to sing to keep up his spirits as he traveled the roads of the west. Do you have a song that comes when you are trying to be cheerful, or is there something else that you often do? THere are a variety of songs that come to mind. SOme camp songs, some hymn-ish things, some other sources. I will often find myself humming or singing under my breath, or at least running it through my head.