It's time for a Back-To-School Friday Five!
1. Is anyone going back to school, as a student or teacher, at your house? How's it going so far? Eldest started Senior Kindergarten on Wednesday. ANd was terribly excited to be going. Middle child starts Junior Kindergarten on Monday and claims to be excited, although we think she may get jealous because then youngest get mom to herself every morning.
2. Were you glad or sad when back-to-school time came as a kid? As far as I remember I was generally glad. I was often ambivalent about school -- liked learning new things but did little to no work (and heard about that) and my classmates were not always friends.
3. Did your family of origin have any rituals to mark this time of year? How about now? NOT so much apart from the annual pre-schol shopping. In later years (high school) we did go camping on Labour Day weekend as a last hurrah. Oh and of course the annual "1st day of school picture". THe latter is one we continue here and now.
4. Favorite memories of back-to-school outfits, lunchboxes, etc? Back to school usually meant new clothing. But no strong memories of favourite outfits.
5. What was your best year of school? What does best mean? best performance would be Grade 12. Best experience would be a tie between grade 12 and my final year of seminary.