Songbird writes over at RGBP:
It's that time of year, at least north of the equator. The windows are still open, but the darned furnace comes on early in the morning. My husband went out for a walk after an early supper and came home in full darkness.
And yes, where we live, leaves are beginning to turn.
As this vivid season begins, tell us five favorite things about fall:
1) A fragrance: A scent of damp leaves while still fresh, before they really get musty.
2) A color: Bright red leaves. We have a maple in the back that is turned already into a lovely red. Some of the leaves on our cotoneaster are going red too, as is our very small burning bush.
3) An item of clothing: I take a fairly pragmatic approach to clothing so have few favourites. For fall though I would guess my old polar fleece jacket from camp.
4) An activity: walking through fallen leaves. I enjoy raking them too, for a while at least :)
5) A special day: I will change this to a special memory. When I was in high school and university we often went out to the lake for Thanksgiving and walked among the leaves and trees...