1. One Book That Changed Your Life. What does it mean to say a book changed your life? Hm, Certainly there have been books that have challenged how I thought about certain topics but to change my whole life? One would be a book by Susan Jeffers called Feel the Fear And Do it Anyway. Another is DOn't Sweat the Small Stuff -- and its all small stuff by RIchard Carlson.
2. One Book That You've Read More Than Once Only one? Of course there are countless bedtime books (as anyone with children can attest) and of course Lord of the Rings. And any number of novels. But also both Iron John by Robert Bly and Fire in the Belly by Sam Keen. BOth were first read for a course in seminary and then revisited as I worked more at reclaiming myself and my being.
3. One Book You'd Want On a Desert Island I have no idea! Honestly, Shakespeare's plays come to mind but I don't think that is the answer I really mean. Truly not sure.
4. One Book That Made You Laugh: A book by Robert Ludlum called The Road to Omaha, a sequel to his earlier The Road to Gandolfo. Both are espionage stories with a twist, and terribly funny (but I liked the sequel better).
5. One Book That Made You Cry: The one I just finished. A beloved teacher/mentor/leader's death and funeral and a talented mentee preparing to set off on his own (so he thinks, I am willing to lay money on two good friends staying with and assisting him), how could one not be stirred. ANd I know there have been many others...
6. One Book You Wish Had Been Written. I like SUe's answer to this one. Also something like "The Never Fail Guide to Understanding and Communicating with Toddlers"
7. One Book That You Wish Had Never Been Written: Mein Kampf or rather I wish that such hatred was never known in the world (yes I am an idealist at times -- professional and confessional failing). SO I would put all books espousing racial hatred or the elimination of a group of people in this category.
8. One Book You’re Currently Reading: THe Emerging Christian Way (about 50% through). Ordinary TIme of course. THat's it at the moment, but there are some waiting for vacation time.
9. One Book You’ve Been Meaning To Read: There are oh so many. Just to name the ones on my shelves in this category would take too long. But 10 years ago I bought a cheap printing of Don Quixote and never got past the first 10 pages.
10. Tag five people. I think not. If you are a fan of reading, go ahead and do this.