David Letterman used to have a feature on his show called "Brushes with Greatness." Members of the audience would share stories of encounters with famous people. And so...
1. Tell us about a time you met someone famous. The summer after Grade 12 the theatre group I had been involved with was asked to help with a lunch and show for the Mulroney family (just Mila and the kids, not Brian). At the time Brian Mulroney was the Canadian Prime Minister.
2. Tell us about a celebrity you'd like to meet. Actually Pope Benedict. I know we would disagree on many things but the chance to talk about them appeals.
3. Tell us about someone great who's *not* famous that you think everyone oughta have a chance to meet. My girls.
4. Do you have any autographs of famous people? Well I do have a signed copy of a book by Pierre Berton.
5. If you were to become famous, what would you want to become famous for? NEver really thought about that before...wisdom shared I would guess. (don't I sound Solomonlike? :-) )
Bonus: Whose 15 minutes of fame was up long, long ago? Oh so many people...PAris Hilton jumps to mind. And then there are those who never should have had those 15 minutes to begin with (anybody on reality TV for instance).