1) The Tooth Fairy WHat is with these habit we have of lying to kids? But then again I enjoyed finding a dime, or even a whole quarter under the pillow. What do teeth go for these days anyway?
2) Flossing THat stuff I always get lectured about at my annual cleaning. BUt since I NEVER brushed my teeth as a child I figure missing out on flossing now still is an upgrade.
3) Toothpaste Brands Only have ever used one. More out of habit and familiarity thatn anything else I suppose. As soon as they send me a cheque for advertising I will let you know what brand it is.
4) Orthodontia for Adults Depends why. I don't see that everyone needs to have "perfect teeth" but if the misalignment is enough to cause difficulty in everyday life then go ahead. I will live with my overbite.
5) Whitening products AN exercise in vanity.
BONUS: AS mentioned above my oral hygiene habits as a child and young teen were, to put it charitably, lacking. THat I don't have enamel shells full of dental amalgam instead of teeth is a testament to the importance of flouridated water (IMHO) and annual visits to the hygienist for a cleaning (and lecture in my case).