Friday, May 09, 2008

A Spirited Friday Five

Presbyterian Gal writes:
...it's Pentecost and my very first Friday Five! Thinking about all the gifts of the spirit and what Peter said of the "last days"......

Have you or anyone you know
1. ...ever experienced a prophesy (vision or dream) that came true?
I routinely experience very vivid "deja vu" moments. The details are so clear, accurate, and precise that I'd say they fit this one. HOwever I never remember my dreams when I wake up.
2. ...dreamed of a stranger, then actually met them later? not that I recall.
3. ...seen a wonder in heaven? (including UFO's) Well what counts as a wonder. I have seen many awe-inspiring skies, featuring everything from sun, clouds, stars, moon, aurora borealis....
4. ...seen a "sign" on the earth? Well of course, I see them at every street corner. In the symbolic use though, I am not much into signs and omens.
5. ...experienced knowledge of another language without ever having studied it? Nope, even having studied them leave me doubtful at times...
Bonus Question: What would a modern day news coverage of the first Pentecost have sounded like? Good one. It would hype the sensationalism for sure (and the story is already pretty sensational don't you think?). But since it doesn't "bleed", the story would likely show up late in the newscast as a "on the lighter side" or "stranger things have happened" piece rather than during the "hard news" portion.

1 comment:

  1. deja vu is such an oddly curious thing.

    And I'd say if you find it a wonder in heaven I would agree.

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete