Here in snow country we are settled in to what is a very long stretch of potentially boring days. The holidays are over. It is a very long time till we will get outside on a regular basis. The snow that seemed so beautiful at first is now dirty and the snow banks are piling up. Our vehicles are all the same shade of brownish grey, but if we go to the car wash our doors will freeze shut. People get grumpy. Of course, not everyone lives in a cold climate, but even in warmer places the days till springtime can get long. Help! Please give us five suggestions for combating cabin fever and staying cheerful in our monochromatic world?
- Hot tub, good book and a restful spell of reading. Granted this has to wait until the chilluns are in bed (and hopefully asleep).
- Weather be what it may, find time to get outside. OR failing that, find time to get the kids to go outside and enjoy the quiet :-)
- "Snuggles" with a significant other
- Check out the weather websites and find someone whose weather is worse!
- Curling up in front of a fireplace (conceivably combined with #3)