Monday, September 03, 2007

Liturgy Pieces

Spending a rainy afternoon working on liturgy and planning sermons from now till Reign of Christ Sunday. Anyway, here are a couple of pieces for next Sunday. The Confession/Assuarance is based on a song we sang in IVCF many moons ago . As is likely obvious, I am focussing on the Jeremiah 18 passage and the Psalm.

PRAYER OF CONFESSION/ASSURANCE OF PARDON
Search me O God, and know my heart
You have searched me
Try me and know my thoughts
You have known me. My downsitting, my uprising.
And see if there be any wicked way in me.
You understand my thoughts from afar. You know all my ways.
Lead me in the way.
Lead me in the way everlasting.
God who does know all our ways, who knows us so well, does lead us in the way. When we stray from the way God calls us back with words of love and forgiveness.
Lead me in the way everlasting. Thanks be to God. Amen.

COMMISSIONING AND BENEDICTION
The potter shapes and moulds the clay,
trusting that the final product will serve a purpose.
God has helped our shaping and formation,
and now we go out to serve our purpose
As we go remember that the Potter is always with us to guide and protect. The Potter is always there as we are fired in life’s kiln.
Thanks be to God! Amen.

2 comments:

  1. What, not the Granger and Weasley, too? {mischievous grin}

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a glimpse of the sermon to go with these visit the church blog

    ReplyDelete