Parishioners pushing for carols before you digested your turkey?
Organist refusing to play Advent hymns because he/she already has them planned for Lessons & Carols?
Find yourself reading Luke and thinking of a variety of ways to tell Linus where to stick it? (Lights please.)
Then this quick and easy Friday Five is for you! And for those of you with a more positive attitude, have no fear. I am sure more sacred and reverent Friday Fives will follow.
Please tell us your least favorite/most annoying seasonal....
1) dessert/cookie/family food I'd say fruitcake but I don't eat it...same with mincemeat tarts...but turkey is (IMHO) highly overrated. THere is only one reason to have turkey and that is as an excuse to have stuffing
2) beverage (seasonal beer, eggnog w/ way too much egg and not enough nog, etc...) How many seasonal beverages are there? I quite enjoy egg nog season myself
3) tradition (church, family, other) REally not a big fan of children's christmas pageants.
4) decoration icicle lights, especially multi-coloured icicle lights
5) gift (received or given) I plead teh Fifth
BONUS: SONG/CD that makes you want to tell the elves where to stick it. Grandma GOt Run over by a Reindeer (secular) The First Noel/Nowell (Sacred)