Sunday, May 14, 2006

Farewell Mr. President

Just watched the series finale of The West Wing. THey did a nice job of tying things up. I always figured that the series hjad a set life span, never could see that they would have been able to transition into a new President (although if ratings were still high I am sure they would have tried).

THe real treat was the reprise of the series pilot first. That was a really well written show, funny yet serious all in one. THe show has slipped lately, last season I often didn't wathc. In fact I often didn't watch this year either, partly because the other TV watcher in the house was watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, partly because West Wing failed to grab me as much. BUt they did have a presidential race to be envied--would that all political debates were as honest and real as the one between Arnold Vinick and Matt Santos.

I say farewell to the Bartlett administration with this question: If Jed Bartlett had been one the ballot with Bush, Gore and Nader, who would have won? OR Bush and Kerry and Bartlett? Who would we wanted to have won?

No comments:

Post a Comment