- Favorite way to spend a rainy day -- A fire, a comfortable chairt, a good book or a good movie. Then again, walking in the rain can be very pleasant as well, as long as the first list is available for retreating afterward.
- Favorite song about rain -- THe Rainbow Connection from THe Muppet Movie (OK so it isn't really about the actual rain but oh well.)
- Favorite movie featuring rain -- Tie for Singing in the Rain (love that dance number) or the sequence leading up to and including My Favourite things in The Sound of Music
- Favorite piece of raingear, past or present -- NO strong memories of raingear at all actually.
- Favorite word for rain -- More like a phrase "It's clearing over the lake". This is based on a family joke. When my mother was growing up they had a cabin at the lake. Whenever it was raining it was always "clearing over the lake" but never over the cabin. I've had weeks like that.
Saturday, June 10, 2006
Rain Rain Rain
Actually we could use some rain, preferably a nice gentle 12 hours worth. All we have gotten this year are short strong storms that don't do a really good job of watering anything.