Summer is here with a vengeance. We took the family out to Baskin-Robbins to celebrate. I have a special affection for B-R because it was my first job during high school. People told me I'd get sick of ice cream working there. Puh-leeze. Without further ado:
- Ice cream: for warm weather only or a year-round food? WHy would you limit it to 3 months of the year? All year of course.
- Favorite flavor(s) THey make flavours that don't have chocolate in them? (but no nuts please)
- Cake cone, sugar cone, waffle cone, cup? Cup or sugar Cone
- Childhood ice-cream memory Hmmm, Dairy Queen. Going for treats from a Dilly Bar on up.
- Banana splits: discuss. A waste of good ice-cream, polluting it with Bananas. Replace them with extra whiped cream and you're talking.
Bonus: Baskin-Robbins used to make ice-cream sodas. During the 18 months I worked there, I think I made about 3 tops. They're no longer on the menu, but you can still order them. Question: What are the ingredients/steps for making an ice cream soda? Soda water, ice cream, milk and flavouring (which is best when chocolate). THe how to make I am not sure anymore. DQ used to have them as well, and I made them at home in a blender for one summer.