The RGBP Friday Five
1) It's a Wonderful Life--Is it? Do you remember seeing it for the first time? George has a great life, even if it is plagued by misfortune (remember the first time Phoebe [Friends] watches the movie--she refuses to watch after the first half). I first remember seeing it sometime in my teens.
2) Miracle on 34th Street--old version or new? The original is the only version worth watching -- and it has to be in B&W, no colourization needed or wanted.
3) Do you have a favorite incarnation of Mr. Scrooge? Micheal Caine and the Muppets. SEriously, what's A Christmas Carol without Kermit and Miss Piggy and Rizzo the rat?
4) Why should it be a problem for an elf to be a dentist? I've been watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for years now, and I still don't get it. I have never watched said special. But do elves need dentists? (being magical creatures and all) I didn't notice that Legolas or Elrond had fillings...
5) Who's the scariest character in Christmas specials/movies? Mr. Potter from It's a Wonderful Life. OR the concept of Lucy in charge of a project (Charlie Brown Christmas).
BONUS: THe first time I was ever on stage was in Grade 5 when the school did A Christmas Carol--I was Scrooge. And tomorrow evening I am taking part in a reading of the story. I get to read the last section.