Friday, January 13, 2006

RGBP Friday Five -- Travel

Leaving home whether for a week or a month can open space in our hearts, minds and souls, allowing the Spirit to move in ways unexpected. Seeing new places and meeting new people can change our perspective on the world. And sometimes getting out of town can be just plain fun!

Tell us five places you have been or trips you have taken that have been important to you. The point is not so much the place as the effect.
  1. Disneyland 1981 -- hey I was 12 and got to fly to LA, see Disneyland, Knotts, Universal Studios, San Diego Zoo.
  2. England/Ireland/Scotland 1996 -- when my first internship crashed I decided that I would take a trip, so I started to save for this 2 month exploration. It not only let me see lots of stuff but gave me time to think, to heal.
  3. Edmonton and BC 2002 -- this was the first trip back home after I moved here. It was also the first trip Patty and I had gone on together. Most remarkable for the 30 hour bus ride at its beginning (my alternator decided to die just before we left so new plans needed to be made). But also Patty got to meet my family and friends.
  4. Caribbean 2003 -- A Caribbean cruise honeymoon. Need I say more?
  5. Edmonton and Jasper 2005/6 -- the trip we just took, flying with the girls, letting them see the mountains, seeing the excitement again through their eyes, time with family.

1 comment:

  1. These all sound like wonderful trips Gord!

    ReplyDelete