Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Lest We Forget

Friday is Remembrance DAy (aka Armistice Day or Veterans Day). I am preaching at the service this year. In the midst of my thinking about the story I will tell I got an e-mail with these links. They are well worth a look. But be warned, as Sarah and I were watching the video (she sitting on my laps wrappped up in a big hug) my eyes were strangely moist and my throat had a lump...

This site has the story behind the song

And here is the video (about 6MB) "A Pittance of Time"

"They shall grow not old, as we who are left grow old,
Age shall not weary, nor the years condemn.
But at the going down of the sun, and in the morning;
We will remember them."

2 comments:

  1. Just realized the two links were the same. I have now fixed the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gord. I posted my "Veterans Day" memories of the veterans in my family today.

    ReplyDelete