Friday, July 13, 2007

Accio Friday Five

(In honour of Harry Potter. For those who don't know or forgot, accio is a Summoning Charm)

THis week the RGBP actually have 2 Friday Fives, a non-Potter variation is available as well.

1. Which Harry Potter book is your favorite and why? Really I am not sure I have a favourite. All of the books have their own strengths. Without a doubt I greatly prefer the books to the movies though -- mind you I always do when a bbook becomes a movie.
2. Which character do you most resemble? Which character would you most like to get to know? Well according to this and this I am like Lupin but I find a lot of myself in Ron or (on a less than great day) Neville. I think the idea of a talk with Dumbledore about the nature of good and evil would be fascinating.
3. How careful are you about spoilers?
a) bring 'em on--even if I know the destination, the journey's still good
b) eh, I'd rather not know what happens, but I'm not going to commit Avada Kedavra if someone makes a slip
c) I will sequester myself in a geodesic dome to avoid finding anything out
Mind you, I waited for the paperback version of Half Blood PRince and still never heard about the ending until I read it (well not totally, I heard hints and was able to piece a reasonable guess together shortly into the book).
4. Make one prediction/share one hope about book 7. Hopefully we learn more about the transition of TOm Riddle to Lord Voldemort. ANd while it seems likely that Voldemort will be vanquished to some degree(not necessarily killed) I hope that it is done with an awareness that evil itself is not totally vanquished.
5. Rowling has said she's not planning any prequels or sequels, but are there characters or storylines (past or future) that you would like to see pursued? Without knowing where we end it is impossible to know what I might want continued. In terms of a prequel, the stories of VOldemorts first rising, how Lily and James got to be so crucial, where Neville's parents fit in) might make a good book (but likely only one book, and not that long either).

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I wouldn't want another seven-book series as a prequel, but a book or two would be nice.

    ReplyDelete