Monday, October 10, 2005

Of Children and House Cleaning

It is the Thanksgiving holiday in Canada so I am celebrating by cleaning house (actually I started by printing out and putting in envelopes the final letters for the church Stewardship program).

I have some observations"
1. The dog needs to learn to pick up after herself--at least another dog's worth of hair in all the corners (or maybe that speaks to how often we vacuum said corners)
2. I should check with others before cleaning--that toilet is super clean, having been done twice today.
3. What is it that makes the bath mat backing adhere so firmly to the bathroom floor and so badly to the actual bath mat itself?
4. Only one of my children is likely to do any house cleaning. I turn on the vacuum to do the stairs and bedrooms. Child #1 and the dog flee in terror to mommy's arms. Child #2 follows me up the stairs with a "what are you doing daddy?" look on her face. Honestly I have only threatened to vacuum the dog, she just hates the noise (as does C#1).

1 comment:

  1. Our dog quietly, with a look of fear and loathing, leaves whatever room the vacuum is operating in.

    Come to think of it, she sheds the hair of two dogs. Is there a correlation, i wonder...?

    ReplyDelete