Well I was out of town on Friday. But it is still HOT HOT HOT here so:
Many areas of the United States are having a heat wave. Global warming, anyone? Look on the bright side of melting glaciers and enviro-destruction by taking a crack at the Friday Five:
1. What's the high temperature today where you are? It was supposed to reach 31 C with a humdex of 43 but I think it is only getting to 27 or so
2. Favorite way(s) to beat the heat. Can we say shade? Or a dip in the lake always helps too.
3. "It's not the heat, it's the humidity." Evaluate this statement. true but irrelevant. Bloody hot is still bloody hot. Mind you the humidity just makes one feel like curling up into a ball...
4. Discuss one or more of the following: sauna, hot tub, sweat lodge, warm-stone massage. Hot tub out side in winter is very pleasant. Just jump out once in a while to roll in the snow then hop back in the water. Not much for a sauna and have never tried the other two.
5. Hottest you've ever been in your life Hmmm, not sure, but standing in the full sun doing yesterday's wedding has to be close. Or canoeing across the lake at camp a few years back -- with the double whammy of sunlight reflecting off the lake up at you as well as beating down on your head/back.