Wednesday, July 19, 2006

SOmething Smells...

Prime Minister Stephen Harper arrived in Cyprus Wednesday on a government plane he diverted to help remove Canadians fleeing the fighting in Lebanon.

While I think anything that helps get people out of the line of fire is good there is a stench of political opportunism here. HArper has been accused of responding too slowly and now he is diverting a plane to pick up evacuees? MAkes for a good photo-op I guess.

And I have decided that I don't want to read/listen to/watch stories from the Midle East for a while. Certainly Hezbollah gets the blame for the latest debacle, but nobody in that conflict gets to claim any moral high ground. Truly I feel that it is time for the rest of the world to say "a pox on all of you. Come and talk to us when you are ready to act civilly".

No comments:

Post a Comment