Friday, November 27, 2015

NaBloPoMo -- Christmas

Every year there is a challenge for the worship leader (or at least this worship leader).

What do you do with a story that had been told so often? How do you keep it fresh when everyone knows it? WHat is the thing that people need to hear about Christmas this year?

ANd here we are, 4 weeks away and I have yet to find my hook for the year.

Which troubles me. Because I would like to feel more planned than that.

BUt I think I might have it.

What would happen if we heard the angel today?  What would Christmas look like if it happened in 2015?

This Sunday, to talk about hope, I am going to ask what the causes of our despair are.  What do we need the angel song of hope to conquer?  What does the birth of Jesus bring to this struggling, warring, broken world today?

YEars ago the an angel visited the congregation of Riverview United to share his account of witnessing the Christmas story.  He may have to come back, only this time not only to witness to a birth 2000 years ago, but also to bring a word of hope and promise to the present.

For unto you is born this day in the City of David.....glory to God in the highest, and on earth -- peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment