For Friday Five this week, let’s keep the light, love and laughter going with a random selection of things to make your heart sing:1. THere are a number of them that but one that often comes first to my mind is Do You Hear the People Sing? from Les Miserables.
- Music: a song or orchestral piece that stirs your soul
- Indoor Place: have you got an oasis at home that you can hide away in?
- Outdoor Space: is it water, hills, woodland? Is it the fresh country air or the bustling city?
- Picture: this may be a piece of art, something you created, something someone gave you…
- Person: do you have a go to person, for when the world is crowding in?
2. 1200 square foot house, 6 people and a dog. You do the math. Luckily (or not so much perhaps) I can zone out into the computer screen if I really need.
3. Given a choice, the lakeshore at Camp Maskepetoon. But that choice really is not often available. Green zones in the city will take its place, particularly river valleys. But what I have learned (repeatedly since I often forget) is that sometime it is just being outside that is needed, even if it is mainly to shovel snow.
4. Depends on my mood. But honestly I am really not much of a picture person.
5. TO be honest, when the world is crowding in my introversion kicks in and I go interior. Which may not always be the healthiest thing to do but it is the truth. I am lucky to have some colleagues that I can go to if need really kicks in.