Tuesday, November 03, 2015

NaNoWriMo--not this year (again)

But maybe someday?

Every November a few things happen.
  • people argue about when Christmas decorations should come out
  • men grow facial hair to support Prostate Cancer
  • clergy panic about what they will do for Advent
And some enterprising individuals participate in National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo).  The concept is to write a 50 000 word novel in a month.  And more than once I have (usually after November starts, sometimes in late October) thought "I should try that"

Not because I think I have a great novel in my head. (Or even a passable novel, or even one that would make any sense)

Not because I have nothing else to do.

But because I think I need to do something to recover my creativity, something that I have found lacking over the last couple of years.  And I miss it.

Or even just to push myself to write something.

But I keep telling myself that I have nothing worth writing, that I don't have time, that I would not be able to keep a coherent piece together.

Which may in fact mean I really should give it a try.  But not this year...

But there is another option. NaBloPoMo The idea for this is to be intentional and commit to write a blogpost a day for the whole month. Surely I could do that.   I used to, or at least I used to come close 10 years ago when this blog was first started.  And maybe that would help spur the creativity, spur the need to put thoughts in order, help create some discipline and move me away from Candy Crush for a while.

Of course it is now November 3rd already.  So not off to a great thought.  But I can play catch up...

SO off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment